Blackjack rules are something that is very important when it comes to playing the game of blackjack. Many of them of very simple and basic rules yet if you do not follow them you can be sure that you will not win many hands. Below we have listed some of the different blackjack rules that you will want to keep in mind when playing this very popular casino game.
- The objective of this game is to aim for blackjack. However, as long as you beat the dealers hand which is going to be higher than sixteen while at the same time not causing yourself to bust you should be okay.
- Cards that have numbers are worth their value. Aces are worth both 1 and 11 it just depends on the situation. Lastly, face cards are worth 10.
- The game begins with every player being dealt to cards. Depending on the version of blackjack that you are player the cards may be dealt face up or face down. However, no matter which version you are playing one of the dealers cards will be dealt face up.
- Some terms that you need to make sure you know so you can have a basic understanding for the game are hit – to ask for another card to be dealt to you – and stand – to state that you are satisfied with what you have in your hand and do not need any cards. There are other terms that are mentioned throughout the game as well but these two are the ones that you need to know to even begin to play the game and have a chance of winning.
- If your hand exceeds a total of 21 you are going to automatically lose. It does not matter if the dealer has also busted as well.
- If your first hand dealt to you equals 21 – meaning you have an ace and a face card – you will automatically win unless someone else has the same thing then it will be a draw hand.
- The dealer is always going to hit until his cards reach a total of 17. So, if you do not have a total of 17 in your hand there is a good chance that you will lose.